Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Friends Are Great Sources Of Ideas

Double-team creativity!

#8: Friends are great sources of ideas


Friends! We have them. Everyone. Even if you think you're alone, you're not. You have someone you talk to online, in class, at work. Talk to them!

Now, you don't have to say "Hey, give me your ideas for what I can do." If you want, you can. But more organic conversations yield the best ideas.

As an example, I'm working on a story of a cupcake miner. This idea came around from jokingly threatening my girlfriend I'll send her to the cupcake mines if she kept punching me. This gave me the idea of a big, burly miner with a serious look on his face mining for cupcakes.

Ideas also don't have to be something obvious.

Imagine this scenario:

Todd is hanging out with his friends and they're talking about a video game. This particular video is really fun to play, but the music doesn't fit the feel. So Todd has the idea to write an album specifically to fit the feel of this game.

Enjoy hanging out with your friends and absorb their awesome. Then utilize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment